Sunday, April 4, 2010

Traveling alone

One of the things I like most about traveling alone is meeting new people.  Although I am not alone right now in Cusco, I did change hostals to the one next door to where everyone else is staying so I could have internet access.  This morning I sat at a large table by myself on the patio, and a Peruvian couple joined me.  We enjoyed each other's company  for about 15 minutes, with Ricardo and Flora speaking in broken English and me speaking in broken Spanish!  They wanted to make sure I was enjoying their country and would see many things. Flora was from Arequipa, but they now live in Lima.  They are on their way today to visit her dad in Ollyatatambo, one of the places I will be visiting today with my friends.  I would not have had this experience if I was sitting at the table with one or two other people I was traveling with.  Great way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment